In recent years, with the vigorous application and promotion of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology in unmanned supermarkets, highway electronic toll systems, and RFID access control systems, this technology has gradually become the core mainstream technology for rapid item identification. Different from the early bar code recognition technology, it can realize long-distance recognition only through radio frequency signals. RFID smart labels can also use various information such as the manufacturer, type, and environmental variables of the product as an identification.
A complete RFID system cannot lack the capabilities of automatic identification, data reading and writing, data storage and data processing. For RFID equipment testing, three basic components are indispensable to form an RFID system: electronic tags, RFID readers (devices that read tag information), and RFID antennas. Among them, the RFID reader is the core component of the RFID system, and its performance will directly affect the quality of the RFID system.
1. First determine what kind of reader is required for the RFID system, a fixed reader or a portable reader? What are the special requirements for use occasion, frequency, and reading distance? The RFID readers currently on the market can be divided into 125K, 13.56M, 915M, 2.4G according to the frequency band; according to the distance, they can be divided into short-distance, medium-distance, and long-distance.
1) 125K card reader: the lowest cost and mainly read-only, the distance is generally less than 10cm, and it can also be 1 meter. Application areas: low-cost access control, attendance, parking lot and other industries.
2) 13.56M reader: the read-and-write distance is between 10-150cm.
3) 915M reader: mainly in the middle distance, generally within 10 meters. Application areas: high-end industries such as non-stop toll collection, automatic attendance statistics for entry and exit.
4) 2.4G reader: The tag comes with a power supply that can transmit signals to the outside at the same time, with strong anti-interference ability, and the reading distance is generally between tens to several kilometers. Application areas: vehicle management, underground personnel positioning, monitoring of important items in logistics.
2. The technical support of the manufacturer is indispensable. Choosing an RFID reader will inevitably require technical communication with the manufacturer. At this time, technical support is particularly important. Good technical support can save half of your development and deployment time.